Practice Areas: Community Association Counsel, Assessment Collections
Niki Tran is an associate attorney with Kriger Law Firm, where she provides general counsel to community associations. Niki brings with her a wealth of experience in litigation, contract disputes, commercial agreements, criminal law, and personal injury. She regularly works with HOAs, Boards, and property managers on all areas of homeowner association law with a focus on governance matters including:
- Representing HOAs on an array of disputes including DFEH and HUD claims, contractual disputes, insurance claims, property damage claims, and general homeowners' disputes
- Drafting and interpreting governing documents such as CC&Rs, Bylaws, and Rules & Regulations
- Advising HOAs on CC&Rs and Bylaws enforcement, community association law compliance, collections matters, and how to best avoid litigation
- Handling delinquent homeowner account in Bankruptcy court and guiding HOAs through the legal process and cost recovery actions
- Preparing small claims disputes and restraining orders
- Analyzing, negotiating, and drafting complex legal documents and business contracts, including but not limited to, settlement offers and vendor agreements.
Prior to joining Kriger Law Firm and practicing HOA law exclusively, Niki was a criminal defense attorney at a prominent San Diego law firm for more than 8 years. Niki has experience in all aspects of criminal law procedure including bail hearings, trials, appeals, and negotiating resolutions and plea agreements favorable to her clients. She represented clients in both Federal and State courts all over Southern California on all matters of criminal and driving law.
Niki is an active member of the community. She serves on the Board of Director for the Foothill Bar Association and is a member of the San Diego Lions Club. She is also a member of the San Diego County Bar Association and the California Bar. In her spare time, Niki enjoys spending time with her family, swimming, playing tennis, and glass etching.