Contact Us 619-589-8800


Consider having a Hold Harmless Agreement if you are considering re-opening the community’s facilities.

Posted by Joel Kriger | May 15, 2020

For associations that are considering reopening their pools, clubhouses, or other amenities/facilities, we strongly recommend following the county and CDC guidelines.  The CDC offers guidance for associations on reopening amenities/facilities which can be found here:

In addition, we recommend that association requires residents to sign a Hold Harmless Agreement in exchange for using the association's amenities/facilities during these unprecedented times to limit the association's exposure to risk and liability related to contracting COVID-19. If you would like additional information or assistance with the preparation of a Hold Harmless Agreement, please give our office a call at (619) 589-8800, and we will be happy to assist you.

About the Author

Joel Kriger

Founder / Of Counsel Practice Areas: Community Association Counsel Joel M. Kriger is the founder of Kriger Law Firm. A native of Pennsylvania, Joel graduated from Temple University in 1970 and moved to San Diego to attend the University of San Diego School of Law, from which he graduated in 1973. Joel maintai...


Kriger Law Firm is committed to answering your questions about Community Association General Counsel, Governing Document Revisions, Alternative Dispute Resolution, CC & R Enforcement Litigation, and Common Interest Development law issues in California.

We'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.